Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Winner's for Sketch #7

It’s been an another amazing week at Freshly Made Sketches! Thanks to Sandra Azzopardi for joining us and sharing her beautiful card made with our sketch. We loved seeing all the wonderful creations that were submitted! Wow! Such a great week!
 
The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:
Lesley's Choice
Casey Calhoun at The Elephant's Nest

What an awesome week at Freshly Made Sketches! I thought the particpants who played were all fabulous and found it difficult to narrow it down! I kept coming back to Casey's spooky creation! I love how festive and timely it is! The fabulous paper patterns transformed the main panel into a visual nasterpiece with the crow stamped right on the paper! The simply tied twine at top adds a nice 3D quality. The embossed spider web background is an awesome accent! What a fabulous card! Congrats Casey on being my choice for a Perfect Princess this week!

Jen's Choice

I loved the colors that Jenny chose for her fresh and fun card. The yellow striped paper stitched onto the white scallops is so clean and the perfect complement to the magenta card base. Then she followed up all that freshly made goodness with the green flourish and layered magenta flowers! I love how the sentiment, perfectly presented on the label, is surrounded by those gorgeous flowers. Congratulations, Jenny, on being a Perfect Princess this week!


Sandra's Choice
I instantly fell in love with Deb's card this week. Her fabric roses are absolutely stunning and mimic the floral DSP background perfectly. With the lacey border and stitching it all comes together to make such a beautifully, soft and pretty card. Congratulations, Deb on being my pick for a Perfect Princess this week!

Rita's Choice
Susan's gorgeous flower just blew me away this week. I love the texture and dimension she worked into it. I love that die and use it often, but she managed to take it to a whole new level! The leaves and ribbon are perfect hints of green and work perfectly with all the lovely pinka and white. The various polka dots really bring it all together and make a truly stunning creation! Congratulations, Susan, on being my Perfect Princess for the week!

Linda's Choice

The charm and simplicity of Becky's card caught my eye right away! The silhouettes are beautifully done with the plaid panel adding a retro feel. The sayings are sweet details adding to the overall appeal of this design. Congratulations, Becky, on being my pick for Perfect Princess this week!

Tui's Choice

Wow … this card caught my attention the moment I saw it, Annie’s clean styling and attractive colour scheme made me visit again and again. I love the gorgeous vine border, the pretty orange and pink patterned paper and simple sentiment, but the “wow” factor for me was the loopy ribbon and button embellishment … simply perfect!!!
Congratulations Annie on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Cindy's Choice


Kim's card appealed to me with its very clean and crisp lines. Upon closer inspection, I noticed her flowers and buttons were perfectly executed. The colors she used for the flowers themselves, the shading towards the buttons, and then the actual colors of the buttons is absolutely stunning. These flowers set against the bright yellow and white polka dot background is so very Fresh! Very well done, Kim! You're my choice for Perfect Princess this week!




The "Queen of Clean" this week is:

Jennifer's Choice



Monica's Sliding Treat Cup Card made me say "Wow" out loud! I love the little Treat Cups and this card uses them perfectly. The lovely details like the Basic Pearls on the tree add so much. I particularly like how Monica used that bold Designer Paper. The way she made the little slider to release the candies is pure genius. It doesn't distract from the clean lines of the card but is such a practical addition. A wonderful tutorial was the icing on the cake!


Congratulations, Monica! You're the Queen of Clean this week at Freshly Made Sketches!



Thank you for joining us! Wednesday we will be back with Sketch #8 and another Featured Designer!!

5 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

Thank you, Sandra, I'm thrilled that you liked my card. Congratulations to the other ladies, I look forward to sketch #8 tomorrow.

The Elephant Nest said...

Thank you Lesley I just screamed with joy in my house and my dog wondered what the matter was. lol. I am super excited.

Jenny said...

Wow I'm over the moon that my card has been chosen, thank you Jen. I'll wear my blog badge with pride :)
Congrats to all the other featured crafters too.
Jenny x

Annie Rose said...

Thanks for choosing me as a Perfect Princess, Tui! How exciting! :) I loved all of the cards this week.

-Annie Rose

Susan Joyce said...

Thanks' Rita for choosing my card this week as a Perfect Princess, it always gives me a buzz and makes me want to be even more creative. Congrats' to the other talented stampers.